Valerie Barber PR is one of the UK’s most respected and successful international public relations agencies in the field of classical music, promoting leading concert venues, artists, festivals and ensembles both in the UK and all around the world. You can discover more about us and our clients by visiting www.vbpr.co.uk.
An immediate vacancy exists for a PR Assistant to join our team on a full-time basis (five days a week). We operate a hybrid working policy which requires attendance in our office in St John’s Wood, London for around three or four days a week.
- You will have recently graduated from a higher education institution or have recent professional experience in an entry level job.
- You will be a skilled communicator and are likely to be personable, efficient and able to accommodate shifting deadlines.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- You are a fast learner and a team player.
- You will have the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- You will be proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- You will have experience working with social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram.
- You will have strong IT skills, with the ability to learn how to use company systems.
- You will have a passion and enthusiasm for classical music, culture and the arts.
- Working knowledge of a European language.
- Working with the VBPR team in the planning and implementation of PR campaigns across multiple client accounts.
- Researching possible coverage for our clients across the UK and international media.
- Liaising with music journalists for VBPR clients.
- Handling incoming media enquiries and facilitating requests for interviews.
- Writing and posting content on the company website as well as company Twitter and Instagram accounts and selected client social media channels.
- Maintenance of client and journalist digital database.
- Assisting with press list management and liaising with journalists regarding press tickets.
- Collating and sharing media coverage, including preparation of press cuttings and creation of press packs.
- Providing administrative support as required.
- Representing the company through attendance at concerts, events and press receptions (occasional evening and weekend work will be required).
Permanent following a three-month trial period.
25 days plus bank holidays (subject to negotiation and depending on experience).
Between £25,000 – £28,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Emma Curtis, with CV and covering letter, at: email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 15 March 2024. Interviews will take place shortly afterwards.